Mood visited me in school..


I swear CLE class might've bored me to death this morning if my "writer's mood" didn't come. I'm a really weird person. I can't write nicely unless I'm in this "mood". So this weird mood of mine came during CLE class this morning. Our English teacher required us to make a first-person narrative for the 1st quarter project. And here's what I came up with during those 90 minutes of CLE class:

I can’t help but stare at him as his forehead creased, obviously absorbed in thinking. How can I keep my mind on the song we’re composing if in every blink of his eyes, in every twitch of an eyebrow, my mind flutters away into paradise?

His fingers moved gracefully along the guitar’s neck. With every strum, I felt my heart escape my chest. His eyes glimmered in the light and his smile brightened up the whole room. Then suddenly, an angel’s voice cut my short moment in heaven.

“Have you come up with any lyrics for the chorus yet?” he said with a smile so captivating I felt my heart skip a beat.

“Uhh, nothing’s visited my mind yet,” I said with a startled look on my face. I could swear I might’ve looked so stupid. I realized I was gaping for so long a fly could’ve entered my mouth.

Then I noticed that he put down his guitar and stood up. He leaned towards me – so close I had to stop the reflex of kissing him on the cheek. His scent filled my lungs as I felt myself floating away from my chair.

“Thanks for always being here for me.”

Then he wrapped his arms around me. At that moment, everything around us disappeared. My ears heard nothing but our heartbeats. There was nothing in my mind but us. I gratefully returned his hug.

Now I know what lyrics to write for our song. J


This is a rough draft, but I plan to ask T. Leih to edit it tomorrow. iHope she'll like the way I wrote it. :)

0 comments:



Post a Comment