We All Grow in the Right Hands

Mood didn't visit me, but I was able to come up with my second decent narrative. [can you believe that?!] And here it is: [just wanted to share it with yah;)]


*************************************************************************************

We All Grow in the Right Hands

Mariel Alyanna T. Domingo

As I stand in the middle of the garden, I notice that the flowers surrounding me are in full bloom. Their vivid colors overwhelm my eyes, and their faces seemed to smile at the sun. The bees buzzed their way across the flowers, and the butterflies fluttered their wings in greeting. The garden was never like this during the past months.

November 8, 2008

“I’ll surely miss my plants,” Grandma said before she left for San Diego. I can sense that months of being away from her garden will surely be hard for her. I vowed to keep the garden in good condition until the day she would come back.

Every day, I would spend time in the garden and water the plants. I removed the critters that left little holes on the leaves. I sang as I worked, so all I could hear was my voice in the silent garden. I would stop…then listen. Silence. Silence was all there was. The buzzing bees weren’t here to visit the flowers. The butterflies seemed to have disappeared. The flowers’ heads drooped down, as if they were missing my Grandma.

“Don’t worry, she’ll be back soon,” I would tell them.

But they continued to worry, and stressed themselves out in the process. They never smiled at the sun anymore. Day by day, their leaves would slowly turn brown and wither away in sadness. The flowers either fell on the ground or bowed down to lament and die. I wondered why this was happening, since I was struggling to save the plants with all my might. It was such a sorry sight.

February 5, 2009

My Grandma is back home and she is sitting on a small stool, trimming the grass.

“You know that’s bad for you, Lola. You might break your back again,” I say.

But she continued to cut the grass, with the bees happily buzzing their way around the garden. The butterflies come to wave hello to me. The flowers looked up as their petals once again brightened up with glee. Once again, the garden has come back to life.



0 comments:



Post a Comment