just sharing a story made by a friend ;)


The Faultless Regret

by: a special friend. 'nuff said.. :|

Trina was just an innocent girl, she did nothing wrong and she had a wonderful life, outside, and inside school. She had many friends and always smiles. One day, she went to school and a very big announcement has arrived for all of them to hear.

“To all students, we are proud and honored to let you all know that this year, we’ll be having the election for the best student of the year. Since this school’s about to close after this year, we’d celebrate it by having an election to see which student gets the Best Student Award and will win a certain amount if privileges and prizes!” announced their principal.

Trina was a little bit saddened because she wanted to be awarded but surely she knew that others deserved it more then she does.

“I vote for Trina!” her friends told her.

“Me? Why me? Others deserve it more than I do..,” she quietly whispered.

“You do! Honestly! You’re smart, hard-working and beautiful! Who else can beat you?” her friends replied.

“I vote for you Trina!” a boy said.

“Oh Dwayne, hi!” she replied.

“You’re the perfect candidate,” he told her.

“And lastly, the final results will be posted two weeks, so stay tuned!” their principal told them all.

It was then lunch and people started falling in line to get their food.

“So, about the voting thing...” Dwayne said.

“Stop it, please, I don’t deserve it… although I need it to have enough money for my parents…” she replied

“Oh look! The box is there already there, I’ll probably vote now,” Dwayne told her with a smile.

She just sat down and hoped for luck.

Eleven days have passed and Arnold, a classmate of Trina, went to her and asked her if he could have her as his girlfriend. Arnold in his past life, liked Trina and did everything to impress her, but still, she didn’t respond to his actions and treated it like nothing ever happened. Arnold got disappointed and angry.

He knew that both she and Dwayne would soon like each other because they were close friends and they were always together. So he plotted a scheme.

“Trina, I’m sorry for my rude actions, please... come here, here’s a juice drink for you, I hope you’ll forgive me for all the wrong things I’ve done to you,” he told her.

“Ughhh… fine then, thank you,” she replied.

After an hour, she gave the juice to Dwayne, and he drank it because Trina didn’t want to drink something that was from Arnold.

After a day, Dwayne was absent from classes. But Trina didn’t notice.

It was then the awarding day of the winner for the best student award.

“We have now checked the results and came out to a very good decision. On this piece of paper lies the winner’s name who’ll receive a cash prize, small trophy, and a free trip to Paris for two weeks!” the principal said.

Everyone quivered with anticipation; drum rolls occurred…

“And the winner is…”

“Trina!!!!”

She was full of shock and gave a very humble smile, she was so happy. She tried finding Dwayne, but he wasn’t there and she felt confused… it was like she felt something was wrong.

She ran, but her trophy fell and broke on the floor, smashed to pieces. She asked everyone about what happened to Dwayne and found out where he was right now.

After, she went to the hospital where he was.

“Dwayne!!!” she exclaimed.

She slammed the door and saw him lying on the bed, with a pillow and blanket, sleeping.

“Trina? Is that you?” Dwayne asked.

“Why did this happen???” she asked.

He just smiled with his eyes closed.

“Probably lying to her would be the best way to make her understand that I’d be gone because of something else…”

“I ate something expired and it spread everywhere in my body, infecting my tissues and cells” he said to her

“How are you now? How are you feeling?” she asked.

“I’m fine, although I need some… sleep...” he told her quietly and slowly.

“I’ll stay here if you want. It’s Saturday... and I could stay until tomorrow... Oh yeah, I won the Best Student Award. I could give some portion of my prize money for your recovery,” she told him with her head looking at his closed eyes.

“Oh no... don’t… it’ll be useless to give money if a person would pass away this early…” he replied to her while smiling.

“What do you mean pass away?” she asked.

He coughed and coughed and he shouted because of too much pain in his chest and legs.

The door slammed and the doctors controlled him.

The nurses advised Trina to go out first.

It was about one hour when the nurses and doctors finally told her to go in.

“Trina…” he called.

“What’s happening?” she asked with her tears falling from her shining eyes.

“You can go now, but…. before you go, I’d just want you to know… that if I pass away right now….. I’d be the happiest person here on Earth… I’m with my most loved one right here in front of me,” he told her with his eyes closed, and his mouth broke into a faint smile.

“Stop it! You won’t die!” she shouted with anger and sadness.

“Listen, don’t think that my death’s your fault, it’s really my time to pass, and I know you’ll understand…” he told her.

Tears fell as his eyes closed.

“I’d probably be more comfortable telling her a lie than a truth with unlimited tears…”

“Trina, close your eyes…”

“What for?” she asked.

“Just trust me… I’ll count one to ten and when ten is done… open your eyes,” he said.

She did what he said.

“One… two… three… four… five…”

He stopped. “Trina... don’t peek.”

“…six, seven, eight, nine..”

And then there was silence…the air seemed to stop as tears fell down Trina’s cheeks.

He didn’t continue.

She opened her eyes and shouted.

“Why didn’t you say-…,“ she stopped talking.

She looked at her hand and saw a note.

She saw the paper and saw a number… 10

“10…” she whispered.

The curtains flew because of the wind.

Dwayne wasn’t breathing anymore, and his limp hand still held on to hers.

She tried to reach out the paper and saw something at the back.

“Sorry for the lie I’ve done… it’d be better to tell you an untruthful truth than a hurtful one…. it’d be hard to explain, but my point is….” she read while lying down on the ground.

She felt something in her other palm…another paper.

“…my point is… I love you…” she read.

She was shocked with sadness, cried, shouted and felt very weak. Her knees trembled and she didn’t know what to do.

“I... love you too...” she whispered to him in his ears while crying.


********************************

note::: haha. a freshman made that. *winks* and I edited only a few parts where commas and periods were missing. I think this work is real good for someone who's graduated fresh from elementary. This kinda reminded me of the stories I used to make when I was waaaayyy younger too. :P

0 comments:



Post a Comment